Friday, October 06, 2006

BPM and SOA conference - Day 4

Day 4

I opted to attend Jon's sessions as he always has this high energy when he speaks .
So true to that I picked two of jon's session
Developing Applications for the Web 2.0 and
Generating Orchestrations Using a Visual Studio Wizard.
The Orchestraion Wizard session was a complete dive in hands on on the tool . I was reallly blown away with the tool . This basically lets you templatize your solution , I tell you if you want to invest in 3 hours learning a feature this is one that you will absoultely not regret . Downlad the Wizad at Jon's Blog . The documentation is still in latest office . I send a feedback to Jon so hopefully they wil put an earlier office based documentation.



During Lunch I hanged out with Kevin(See Pic) whose team in corning I worked for pretty much the whole of last year going over the conference days so far . On day 4 there is only so much more presentaions you can take. I ended up going to " BizTalk WCF Adapters In-Depth " by Aaron Skonnard, Pluralsight and Gruia Pitigoi-Aron, Microsoft . This was a good session as it was not too many slide kind of session . I like those on Day 4 . The last one I picked was
"Part 6: The Future of the Microsoft Application Server Platform"
Steve Swartz & Clemens Vasters Microsoft . What I niceabout the session was it gves you a good understanding on what you can expect and what is going to come and the
road ahead like the transacted file systems , the transacted registry and even a transaction command from the command line " I must add Steve and Clemens have a great energy and they make a good team . I hae gone to many presentations where there are multple speakers but they never felt unfied . But these folks session are an absolute pleasure to attend and listen to ..


I spoke with Marjan our Biztalk MVP Community Lead on how the coference was a great value for everyone . I went to meet some of my friends and left seattle the next day morning and reached here withhout any major incidents en-route.



All in all it was a great conference and time well spend

No comments: